Wednesday 9 February 2011

Why so ranty?

It could be thought that I was a little bit intolerant or intemperate in my last post on royalty & its weaknesses.  So this is me calmly setting the record straight. Honest.

But Hell. 

They (the RF) are up there to be challenged, and we seem to be stupidly praising a film that appears to ignore the profound Nazi-philia of the UK monarchy in the 1930s.  Or so I gather.  I'm sure it is well-made, but it seems to have its history and politics skewed.  (I must go and see it sometime to check it out).

And the lack of a coherent, class-based challenge to the current Government is scary in its implications, given their background and their plummy pronouncements.

So do we need to publically celebrate this dysfunctional, inept and wholly unnecessary families' desire to spread their genes in marriage?  I would argue not.

On top of this we have an essentially servile, inept and occasionally corrupt press.  (I'm only observing the evidence on this one, tho' - it isn't really a biased opinion.  Sorry for that).  There are of course a few exceptions.

So in measured conclusion, given a balanced consideration of the facts...
We should:
- in response to the shedloads of money they take off us every year,
- and all the evidence of how horrible they are,
- and recognising their interest in eugenics...

DEMAND THEY DON'T PROCREATE.

I wrote "Neuter the Bastards" in the first version of this post, but that is perhaps going too far - abstention will do. 

(I am naturally happy to hear counter opinions...)

Anyway, (...calming down...), I think it's clear I was quite reserved. in my earlier comments.

No comments: