Sunday 11 March 2012

Media star

For those who missed it, the visit of the Trees Around Nunhead to Lewis Schaffer's show on Resonance.FM is now online
This was a strange experience for me, and I was nervous throughout.The studio is tiny, down a side passage just of Borough High Street.  Full of equipment that Chris was in charge of, and the rest of us sat in a kind of horseshoe shape around his desk. 
Lewis, Lisa and Chris were very welcoming, and there was little time for preparation before we just dived in.  The only rule seemed to be 'no swearing'. If you ever get a chance to do this, I strongly recommend it just for the experience.
I have to admit I was drained by the end, but also on a high and in need of a drink. 
On Borough High St at 11pm on a Monday evening. 
I strangely ended up in a karaoke at the Blue-Eyed Maid, that seemed to be entirely populated by (i) very young-looking students and (ii) elderly West Indian gentlemen. 
Perhaps by that stage I was hallucinating...

No comments: