Sunday 23 September 2012

A Fitting Experience

Well, after its Odyssey, I had a look at the print and it seemed fine so I took it to be framed.

I went along to Thames Gallery on the East Dulwich Road - which for the sake of argument I will count as outer Nunhead, and had a very enjoyable experience.

The shop wasn't very busy and I didn't have to wait very long - and then I got personal attention.  We (the person serving and I) laid the print out on the floor and tried various colours of framing card (is that what you call it?) and wooden frame, to see what would work best together, and with the print.  It was a complex, long and wholly pleasurable aesthetic process, involving quite personal choices. 

I have to admit that it reminded me most of having a made-to-measure suit chosen and fitted.  Anyway, the print is away being framed now - it will take a couple of weeks.

No comments: