Saturday 1 June 2019

Champions League Final

So. I first saw a professional football match in, I think, 1963, when my dad took me to see Spurs play Leicester City at White Hart Lane. Spurs won 2-1. That is my memory of a memory, so there are likely to be errors in the details. The back room in our house at the time was plastered with old programmes and pictures of players. I don't think I liked watching the game, and I've no memory of ever going again.
That was also the last professional game of football I ever saw live. That excludes the odd England - or Wales - game on the TV, when broadcast on free-to-air channels.
So most people, including myself, would conclude that I'm not really a football supporter. And I'm comfortable with that.
However, deep inside me, a little voice is saying, just for today:
COYS!

No comments: