Saturday 30 January 2010

Saturday morning

Eldest arrived home from a conference in Berlin at 1:30 last night. I waited up, so was pretty groggy this morning.

Hazily, I heard:-
- Val Doonican's inheritance tracks. What?
- A program about what's it like in Germany and why don't English people go there like they did in the nineteenth century. Again: What?

A Guardian then happened at me and I was pleased to see an annoyed letter about 'Lets Move To...' - quite right too. The crossword was OK though - a nice collection of Romantic poetry references to complement the cheap chapbook guides they've been handing out with the paper.

I almost missed the last of the frost - it had been a cold night.

After that I decided to go out, even though it was still a little chilly. Thinking about historical things Nunhead, I took this:
But do you know where this is?

No comments: